Help to Pay for Improvements

Help to Pay for Home Improvements

You may be able to get help to make improvements to your home.The type of help will depend on a number of things; for instance - where you live, your income, whether you are disabled or over a certain age and where you rent or own your own home.

Some grant schemes aim to improve the overall neighbouthood by offering help with external work such as replacement windows and roofs, while others offer adaptations such as a stairlift or level access shower to allow you to live safely and comfortably in your home.

If you rent your home remeber to talk to your landlord before making any home improvements.

Help If You Are Elderly Or Disabled

There are a number of available options available to help people who are elderly or disabled to maintain or improve their homes. These include:

If you need to make smaller repairs or adaptations to your home the Cardiff Care & Repair Scheme may be able to help you.

Help for Council and Housing Association Tenants

The Council and Housing Associations have a schedule of maintenance work planned for their properties. THis includes work to esure that all properties meet the Welsh Housing Quality Standard. Works include new kitchens and bathrooms and safe-by-design doors. You can contact your landlord to find out if any work is planned for your property.

If you want to carry out any home improvements yourself you should always check with your landlord first.

Other Help

The Cale of Glamorgan Council has dedicated money to help private householdes in the county to repait, adapt and improve their homes.

Funding advice and assistance are on offer to eligible people through the Vale. Assitance will be targeted though Renewal Areas and Disabled Facilities Grants.

If you lieve in a Renewal Area you can contact the Council to find out how this may help you.